While our offices have been temporarily closed to help keep our patients, team members and community safe, we’ve been hard at work (virtually) and have found new ways to stay connected. After all, we want to ensure our Alaska, Bothell, Monroe and Mill Creek braces and Invisalign patients are able to maintain their progress, while also allowing prospective patients to reach us. That’s why we’ve added some new features to our website: online check-ins and virtual consultations.
Online Check-Ins for Existing Patients
If you’re an existing patient at Richard Chan Orthodontics, online check-ins are a quick, yet effective way to, well, check in. If you have an issue like a poking braces wire or broken bracket, you can check in, let us know and if you need help, we’ll walk you through how to fix it. Even if everything is going well, checking in is still a great idea because it lets us make sure your treatment is on track.
To complete an online check-in, you’ll simply fill out the form on our check-in page. Then, you’ll upload several pictures of your smile. Don’t worry, we have examples for you to follow. If you wear Invisalign, you’ll take photos with and without your aligners in. Dr. Chan will review your information and then contact you. We can also set-up a time to connect if you need it.
Virtual Consultations for New Patients
If you’ve been thinking about getting orthodontic treatment, we’ve got you covered too with virtual consultations. Every smile journey at Richard Chan Orthodontics starts with a consultation but now, you can do it from the comfort of your own home. You’ll fill in your information, snap a few pictures and Dr. Chan will evaluate your details. Then, we’ll send you your personalized treatment recommendations and information such as how long treatment will likely last, the cost of Invisalign or braces, our payment plans and more. When the situation stabilizes, we’ll schedule you for an appointment to get started.
The Benefits of Virtual Visits
Our virtual check-ins and consultations have a number of benefits:
- Simple and User-Friendly – Both types of virtual visits can be done right from our website. The features are designed to be user-friendly and only take a few minutes to complete.
- Convenient – You can complete a check-in or consultation from anywhere whenever you have a few minutes of downtime. You don’t even have to change out of your pajamas!
- Saves Time – Since there’s no driving to the office, you’ll save time. For virtual consultations, we can complete a number of important steps before you come in for an in-person visit, which will mean a shorter appointment. Additionally, if you provide us with your insurance information, we can estimate your coverage and get started on the paperwork on your behalf ahead of time.
- Social Distancing at its Finest – While there’s nothing my team and I love more than hanging out with our patients, for the time being, virtual visits are the safest option. You’ll do everything from your own home and there’s no physical contact.
- You’ll Get Important Information – Existing patients can find out if they should make changes to things like their rubber bands or just gain peace of mind knowing their treatment is going according to plan. You can also get more detailed information from us about troubleshooting any issues. Potential patients who complete a virtual consultation, will find out treatment recommendations, the cost, our financing options and have their questions answered. This will give you the confidence to move forward with treatment. Virtual consultations are free and there’s no obligation.