Getting your braces off or finishing Invisalign® treatment is a big deal! After committing to taking care of your teeth and your appliance, you’ll have a fantastic smile to show for your efforts.
Of course, if you’re a patient at Richard Chan Orthodontics, we’ll make you feel special when your treatment is complete. But we also think it’s a great idea to mark the occasion with your friends and family too.
Not sure how to celebrate getting your braces off? Our Juneau, AK orthodontist is sharing eight fun ideas!
1. Enjoy Some Braces Un-Friendly Foods
As you’re well aware, there are certain foods to avoid with braces, including anything really hard, chewy or sticky, such as popcorn, gum, licorice, hard candy, nuts, caramel and toffee. When your braces are removed, go ahead and indulge in the food you missed during treatment (in moderation, of course). Here are a few places to get treats in Juneau:
- Alaskan Fudge Company – 195 S. Franklin St., Juneau, AK – Try the delicious, homemade fudge, cashew brittle or chocolate covered pecans without worrying about breaking a braces bracket.
- Coppa – Get a baked good or grab a pint of ice cream since all flavors are back on the menu!
- Zerelda’s Bistro – 9106 Mendenhall Mall Rd, Ste B, Juneau, AK – Zerelda’s freshly baked desserts are perfect for celebrating the end of orthodontic treatment.
- Alaskan Sweet Thing’s – Treat yourself to some candy or their gourmet popcorn. You can order online or find the popcorn and sweets in these Alaskan retail stores.
2. Go Out for a Celebratory Meal
Speaking of food, go out to eat or get some takeout from a Juneau restaurant. How exciting will it be to not worry about what you can eat on the menu or have to take your Invisalign aligners out before your meal? Try:
- Tracy’s King Crab Shack – 432 S. Franklin St, Juneau, AK
- Red Spruce – 11798 Glacier Hwy, Ste 109, Juneau, AK (Inside Forbidden Peak Brewery)
- Donna’s Restaurant – 9121 Glacier Hwy, Juneau, AK
- In Bocca al Lupo – 120 2nd St, Ste B, Juneau, AK
- SALT – 200 Seward St, Juneau, AK
- The Island Pub – 1102 2nd Street, Douglas, AK
- Pel’meni – 2 Marine Way, Juneau, AK
- Sandpiper Cafe – 429 W. Willoughby Ave, Juneau, AK
- Zerelda’s Bistro – 9106 Mendenhall Mall Rd, Ste B, Juneau, AK – Yup, their savory menu items are just as tasty as the baked goods.
- The Bubble Room – 127 N. Franklin St, Juneau, AK (In the Baranof Hotel)
- The Rookery Cafe – 111 Seward St, Juneau, AK
- The Hangar on the Wharf – 2 Marine Way, Ste 106, Juneau, AK
3. Whiten Your Teeth
When your braces come off or you remove your last Invisalign tray, round out your smile makeover with whitening treatment. While over-the-counter products may get you a few shades brighter, professional whitening with your dentist will give you much more dramatic results for the straight, white teeth of your dreams.
4. Do a Photoshoot
Whether you have a friend take pictures or you hire a professional photographer, you’ll want to capture your brand-new smile.
5. Throw a Party
Throw a braces off party to show off your results. Be sure to serve some of the things you couldn’t eat with braces.
6. Go on an Adventure
After finishing Invisalign or braces treatment, you deserve a daycation. Play tourist in Juneau for a day and visit some of your favorite spots, eat amazing food and take part in fun activities (we have a round-up of things to do in Juneau in the winter, here). Alaska.org also has some excellent recommendations.
7. Highlight Your Smile
Reward yourself with something that complements or highlights your healthy, beautiful smile. Get a facial at a Juneau spa or head to a barbershop or salon for a fresh haircut. Book a visit at:
- Capital Barbershop – 128 Seward St, Juneau, AK
- Salon 22-11 – 9105 Mendenhall Mall Rd, Juneau, AK
- Salon Cedar – 175 S. Franklin St, Ste 217, Juneau, AK
- Franklin Street Barbers – 210 N. Franklin St, Juneau, AK
- Agapé Salon – 5750 Glacier Hwy, Building D, Ste 14, Juneau, AK
- Glacier Salt Cave & Spa – 917 Glacier Ave, Ste 101, Juneau, AK
8. Laugh and Smile!
If you felt self-conscious about your smile before braces or Invisalign, make up for lost time by finding as many reasons to laugh and smile as possible. A good starting point? Catch a comedy at Goldtown Theater or Glacier Cinema.
Ready for a Smile You’ll Want to Celebrate?
Now that you know how to celebrate getting your braces off, we hope you end your smile journey on a high note.
If you haven’t started treatment yet, schedule a complimentary consultation with our Juneau orthodontist, Dr. Richard Chan, today!